Download the rules in PDF format
Rules of the 4th International Biennial of «Pastel d'Opale»
- The event will take place in the «Forum des Loisirs» of Saint-léonard (62360), avenue des Anciens combattants,
from march 7th to march 22nd 2020.
- Open weekdays from 2pm to 6pm.
Saturday and Sunday, from 10am to 6pm.
- Closing of the exhibition: Sunday, March 22nd to 5pm after submission of «audience award».
- Anyone, candidates for selection, must pay the processing fees non-refundable 5 €.
- The registration form must be sent imperatively
before November 1st, 2019, with 5 photos of artworks.
- Only works carried out in dry pastel, on any type of support are accepted. In case of mixed media,
pastel must be the predominant technique employed, ≃ 80%.
- The works must be originals of the artist ; will be turned down :
- Copies of work already published (painting, photography, …).
- Artworks done during workshop or under instructor-supervision classes.
- Artworks already shown with Pastel d’Opale.
- No limit for the size. However, it is recommended for the paintings not to exceed
90cm in width frame included, or 80cm in widthout frame. On a case-by-case basis,
the organization might be able to accept «larger paintings».
- A selection jury, independent of the association, will meet to select the works presented.
- The jury's decision is final. Show organizers reserve the right to reject works do not correspond
selection criteria or do not correspond to the pictures in the folder.
- The selection will be made from high quality reproductions:
- Either in digital format (1024 x 1024 pixels).
- Either on paper 10 x 15 cm minimum.
- Any file arrived after the deadline will not be considered.
- Each artist will be notified individually of the jury's decision around December 1st 2019.
He will then have to send us an artistic CV of 10 to 15 lines for the layout of the catalog,
and pay the participation fee of 15 €, as well as the hooking expenses.
- The hooking expenses will be paid after the selection They will be calculated according to the
number of grids or the wall width used. (20 € for one grid or per meter of wall).
- The artist's inability to settle inscription costs in time will be eliminated from the selection.
- The works on display could not be removed during the exhibition.
- Removing works Sunday, March 22nd, 2020 after 5pm and delivery of «audience award».
- Artists who can not get their pastels in person will notify the commissioner of the exhibition.
Otherwise, the association will send the works to the address of the artist, who will pay the shipping costs.
- Unclaimed works, or those for which shipping costs have not been provided a year and one day after the end of
the exhibition, will become the private ownership of «Pastel d’Opale» association.
- Utmost care will be taken in the handling of the paintings during the exhibition. However, the association
shall not be held responsible for any damage, loss, theft or fire. Participants might insure their artworks
individually if they feel necessary.
- Participants give the organising committee the right to use their names or part thereof and to reproduce
their artworks for all public and promotional events related to the exhibition without any compensation.
- An independent jury, different from the selection jury, will reward some artists with prizes offered by
the partners of the exhibition.
- The exhibition opening will occur on Saturday March 7th, 2020, at 7pm in the
«Forum des Loisirs».
- Artists commit to offer for sale the displayed works. In the interest of being methodical, only the
organizers are entitled to make the connection between the potential buyer and the artist.
- In case of sale, it is good tone for the artist to contribute 15% of the selling price as a gift
to the association.
- After the opening we invite you to join us for a meal with friends and pastelists. Participation for
this meal is 35 € per person.
Calendar reminder :
- Deadline for receipt of applications: November 1st 2019.
- Notification to artists of the jury decision: around December 1st, 2019.
- Pastels by carrier receipt: before February 10th, 2020.
- Deposit of paintings: March 4th or March 5th, 2020.
- Preview: March 7th, 2020 at 7pm.
- Removing works: Sunday, March 22nd, 2020 from 5pm.
Summary and selection paintings mode.
Selection of works is made upon receipt of duly completed application documents.
This file can be sent to us in paper or digital form.
It includes :
- the registration form fully informed.
- The processing fees : 5 €.
- Five photographs :
- Either on paper size 10 x 15 cm, on the back, the name of the artist, title of work,
dimensions with frame in centimeters.
Join a sufficiently stamped envelope for the reply
and the photos return.
- or digital photos (JPEG, JPG, GIF or PNG) minimum size of 1024 x 1024 pixels
, only by email or upload through our website.
By mail, each image will be named as: artist-title-dimensions in cmwith frame.
(for example : Degas-Ballet Rehearsal-60x200)
«Paper» applications must be send to :
8, rue du Cloître
62200 Boulogne sur Mer - France
«Digital» applications to :